Information held about you by Oldham Arts & Heritage Service
In order to provide quality services to you, it is necessary for Oldham Council to collect and hold some personal information about our members, participants and supporters. We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary, as outlined in our record retention schedules. The exception to this is for donors to our museum and archives collections, where data forms part of a historical record and is kept in perpetuity.
We treat and manage your data with care and privacy and every member of staff, including volunteers comply with data protection guidelines. For our participatory programmes we request that each member/participant sets up an individual profile when registering for a workshop, programme or project. The information we record on this profile includes:
- Name, gender, address, telephone number(s), email address and date of birth of members and/or their parents/guardians as appropriate.
- Members’ ethnicity.
- Any medical conditions and/or additional needs that we need to be aware of to support our members.
- Members’ school or college details.
How will we use the information we hold about you?
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:-
- Send our publicity material, including Gallery brochures, invitations to talks, special events etc.
- Register you on a workshop, programme or project.
- Maintain contact with you about workshops, programme, project activity and inform you about wider opportunities and events .This may include events or activity we deliver in partnership with other organisations.
- Ensure we have accurate contact details in case of emergency.
- Ensure we have accurate medical details in case of emergency.
Who will we share your information with?
We will not normally share your information with other organisations without your consent; however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law to;
- safeguard public safety,
- when somebody may be at risk, harm or emergency situations.
Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information required will be shared as deemed appropriate in accordance with our data protection policies.
Accuracy of your information
It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about our participants/members in order to deliver our services safely and effectively. If any of your details have changed, please ensure that you inform us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
Deletion of your profile on request
If you wish to have your participatory profile account deleted or no longer wish to be on our mailing lists you can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com,uk as appropriate. Alternatively you can ring Gallery Oldham on 0161 770 4742 and Oldham Theatre Workshop on 0161 770 3240 and we can complete your request over the phone. Please note that a request of this type could take up to 10 working days to process.
More information on how to seek advice in order to exercise your rights, raise a concern or complain about the handling of your personal information by the council can be found in the council’s privacy notice which can be found at www.oldham.gov.uk/dataprotection